"SABOT SQUAD" is our young sailors, aged 8 to 16 learning to race in intensive sessions
The ideal session if you wish your child to improve their knowledge and skills of the Sabot class of dinghy.
AOS Head Coach, Robbie Lea has won 3 National Sabot Titles and his intention is to encourage every Sabot child to enjoy Australias most successful training dinghy.
Lessons covered in "Sabot" sessions may include.
* Boat preparation, tuning and sail trim setup.
* How to Sail Fast on all points of sail.
* Boat handling drills.
* Recognising the official flags.
* Knowing the difference between Tactics and Race Strategy.
* Race Start practice.
* Advanced Sailboat racing rules.
* Clean Air vs Dirty Air zones.
Sessions available to our Sabot kids are;
* "Flags" 2 hour sessions. Booked on this page.
* "Sabot Squad" 3 hour sessions. Booked on this page
* "Sabot Squad Training Camp" 6 hour sessions. Booked on this page.
* "Flags" Pre regatta 6 hour sessions. Booked on this page.
* "Junior Supported Regattas". Booked on the "Junior Support" page.