"SPORTSBOAT" is our young sailors, Learn to race a Yacht program.
Your child will be taught to work as part of a team racing a small yacht.
Several regattas are suitable on the Queensland coast for the team to attend. It is the intention of the AOS to build a race team and attend some regattas.
Lessons covered in "Sportboat" sessions includes.
* Preparing the Yacht to be fast in competition.
* Identifying a sailors strengths and positioning them to be part of the team.
* Race training with Mark rounding.
* Race training with Sail Handling.
* Advanced Sail handling techniques.
* Identifying the risks involved in Yacht racing.
* Advanced Mainsail, Jib and spinnaker controls.
* Advanced Steering techniques.
* Spinnaker packing below deck technique.
Maximum of 5 students and 1 Instructor onboard for all sessions.
Participants must be aged between 10 and 18 years of age.
** Sailors must have completed the "Youth Yacht" program prior to attending these sessions.
3 hour session = $80 plus GST.